Pages

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet - Review

This is one of the books I am moving out of my TBR pile for the reading Challenge.

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Charley has took a few months off work since her last case went badly. She is brought out of her funk when a new client shows up with a new case.Someone is trying to kill the woman or so she believes. Everyone else is convinced the woman is just crazy. Charley doesn't think so and is bound to help her. She does have a few other problems going on as well. Reyes is out of prison but staying away like she asked. She needs to look him up now because she is broke and after all she did solve a case of is and he owes her money. Of course anything but normal happens when they get together. Some past enemies are still out there and still out to get Charley. Throw in an arsonist, some bank robbers and Charley's family and she has her hands full once again.

Charley is fascinating as always. I love her as a character and always love to read more about her. In this book you get to see the side of her you haven't seen a lot. The side that is really scared. You also get to the normal sides of her that you already know and love. Cookie of course is still one of my favorites. Even with all the crazy stuff in Charley's life she stays right by her side. Reyes is as yummy as ever. This man is just dark and you know he has the evil side but you can't help but want him. Amber I really liked in this book. You seen she isn't as clueless as everyone thinks she is plus she shows some awesome humor in this book. Most of the characters you have gotten used to are still here in this book and you get to see them. Including one hot biker who I think is my second favorite male in this book.

This is the fourth book in this series and it just makes me love the series more and more. We find out more about just what Charley is and get a glimpse of what she will become. The action is always going and sometimes I was surprised by who was shooting at Charley. The client Charley has really took me for a loop. I didn't see the twist coming and that was great. I thought I had the case figured out and I was dead wrong. The sparks between Charley and Reyes is as hot as always but I have to say I think I would have been tempted by another man in this book. If you have read this I am sure you know who I mean. Also you see more into Charley's family life that makes you understand why the do the things they do. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for Charley cause she always entertains. It may be fighting demons, solving cases or just better understanding her self I know it is going to continue to be a wonderful ride. If you haven't read this series you need to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will try to always reply!